We want to encourage the best in quality place making in Yorkshire & the Humber.
We were established in 2011 to take forward the work of Integreat Yorkshire - Yorkshire Forward’s Centre of Excellence for Regeneration, Renaissance and Place Making Skills.
We aim to encourage economic growth through improved & enhanced design.
We encourage collaboration between local people, local authorities & professionals to create places which benefit all. We recognise the value of good design & local distinctiveness in boosting the region’s economy.
We are an independent technical resource. Providing impartial skills & expertise which gives people the confidence to bring building, space or neighbourhood projects forward.
We share our knowledge & experience in order to provoke discussion & debate. By bringing together communities & professionals from different disciplines we hope to be a catalyst & a broker. Encouraging common visions for the future of Yorkshire’s towns, cities & neighbourhoods to emerge.
We use our profits to help deprived communities across Yorkshire & the Humber get their projects off the ground.
We are an experienced, committed & professional team.
Our expertise includes:
- Urban design, master planning & low carbon design with a focus on economic development.
- Design review and enabling.
- Community engagement & neighbourhood planning.
- Economic & sector development.
- Skills development & training to boosting an organisation or community group's capacity to deliver successful projects.
- Economic forecasting, research, appraisal & analysis. Including development & economic impact appraisals.
- Evaluation and impact assessments.